What happens if a dog eats a walnut? The dangers for dogs of eating walnuts includes choking hazards, intestinal obstruction and upset stomach to more serious conditions like pancreatitis and illness from black mold that can occur on walnuts and can be toxic to dogs.
What nuts are toxic to dogs?
- Macadamia nuts – Very toxic to dogs.
- Black walnuts – Very toxic to dogs.
- Old and moldy walnuts – Very toxic to dogs and cats.
- Raw Cashews – Should be avoided for dogs and toxic for cats.
- Pistachios – Should be avoided for dogs and cats.
Can dogs eat regular walnuts? Though it’s hard to ignore your four-legged friend’s longing eyes while you’re munching on nuts like walnuts, it’s best to keep this particular snack to yourself–the dangers of consuming walnuts for dogs ranges from intestinal blockages and GI distress to serious conditions like pancreatitis.
Can dogs eat bananas? Yes, dogs can eat bananas. In moderation, bananas are a great low-calorie treat for dogs. They’re high in potassium, vitamins, biotin, fiber, and copper. They are low in cholesterol and sodium, but because of their high sugar content, bananas should be given as a treat, not part of your dog’s main diet.