Is it hard to train a Beagle puppy? Beagle puppies are known for being difficult to train because they lose their focus easily. But, you should start training your Beagle when they are a puppy as they will retain what they learn better.
How do you discipline a Beagle puppy?
- Discipline them at the time of the offence.
- Use firm body language and tone of voice.
- Stay consistent with the discipline and training.
- Use positive reinforcement.
- Take breaks and give them a timeout.
- Try using a squirt bottle or water pistol.
- Use distraction methods.
Are Beagles hard to potty train? Their even temperament makes them an excellent dog for families with children. Beagles are also notorious for being hard to potty train, mainly because once they’ve had an accident in the house, their highly acute sense of smell keeps leading them back to the scene of the crime.
What age should you start training a Beagle? Owners can start training their beagle puppies when they are as young as eight weeks old. Basic obedience training and socialization of the puppy should begin as soon as you get it home. However, puppies have a short attention span, so formal dog training should not start before they are six months old.