Are Beagles easy to take care of? Their short coat is remarkably easy to care for and requires minimal grooming and only occasional bathing. Once past puppyhood, some beagles seem to easily become overweight, so watch the caloric intake. The beagle’s life expectancy is about 12 years.
What do Beagle puppies need? Your new best friend will need a high-quality puppy food, food and water bowls, a harness and leash, ID tags, a crate, a nice bed, and toys. Your Beagle puppy will shed moderately year-round, so have grooming supplies on hand as well.
Are Beagle puppies easy to train? Beagles are among the most difficult canines to train because they are hunting dogs with high energy levels. Beagles belong to a dog breed known as scent hounds—they hunt by their sense of smell, not sight.
How do you manage a Beagle puppy?
- Training goal #1: Socialize Beagles with other dogs and people.
- Training goal #2: Build confidence.
- Training goal #3: Teach Beagles what to chew.
- Training goal #4: Teach basic commands and boundaries to your Beagle.
- Training goal #5: Potty train and crate train your Beagle.